RE: Family Trading

About 3 years ago I was asking the same questions.  The securities attorney
I was working with essentially said my "loopholes" were the following, such
that I did not have to be NASD licensed, nor registered as an investment
advisor:

1)  Fewer than 15 clients.
2)  Not receiving a fee for the purchase/sale of securities.  My fee is
based upon the net gains/losses rather than the commission for the
purchase/sale of their stock.

Hope it helps,
Jim