Re: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income

I have years of experience in trying to get bugs fixed in Omega products.
I've forwarded detailed documentation with numerous bugs along with specific
directions on how to reproduce the bugs. Omega TS ignored them. I sent them
to Bill Cruz and they were ignored. I complained publicly and received one
of BC's infamous calls where he tells the disgruntled user that Omega loves
them and promises to resolve the problems. Bill promised to have his staff
get on it if I would send another set to him. List sent, bugs not fixed. New
version released, process repeated. Some years ago, prior to the release of
v4, the Omega list undertook a project to document bugs and essential
usability requests (e.g. projection space for future bars) and produced a
very comprehensive Word document which was sent to BC. To my knowledge, BC
didn't even acknowledge the effort. The problems with the latest release are
just the latest saga in Quality Control problems which have plagued Omega
product releases. Not to mention the lack of Y2K compatibility in the
product line released just a couple of years ago for which Omega promised to
deliver fixes shortly after the TS5 product release which was promised for
2Q 1998.

I'm not willing to take the risks Mark takes either, however I suggest that
you are uninformed if you believe the positive, cooperative methods which
you espouse will actually produce concrete results. Omega's business model
is not oriented toward the existing user base. It is geared toward sale of
product to new users, most of whom will fail in trading and then be shocked
to find that they agreed to license terms which prevent them from legally
transferring the license in competition with Omega's sales to new users.

Earl