Re: [Answer] Signal Server - odd messages

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, TechSupp wrote:

> Tech support's answer (first time they've got back to me faster than someone
> on the list - things must be looking up!).

That *is* amazing!  I'll have to remind myself to send questions, which
for so long went unanswered that I no longer even think to contact Omega
about problems.

> The reason this is happening is because the signal.syn file is corrupt.  To

What does this file do? In the past, correcting one problem has *often*
brought others. It would be comforting to know what I'm getting into.

> correct this problem, follow the following instructions:
>
> 1.	Select Find | File or Folders... from the Start menu.
> 2.	Type in signal.syn in the Named: field, set the Look in: field to
> reference whatever drive the program is installed on, ensure that the
> Include subfolders box is checked and then click the Find Now button.
> 3.	When the file is found highlight it and choose File | Rename from
> the menu sequence.
> 4.	Type in signal.bak as the new name then press Enter.

Why are we doing this? What does this have to do with the problem?

> 5.	From there reinstall TradeStation.

Ahhh... You have saved the bombshell for the end. This is a non-trivial
task. What customized things will I lose if I do this?

> This will correct your problem and you won't loose any data or analysis
> techniques.

Those are in files, and I can understand why they might be preserved. But
again, how about all the custom features, pages, menus, button bars, etc?

Thanks,

Larry