Re: Betsizes for stock trading (was: Optimal f)

My fear of DD is directly related to how confident I am in the persistance
of my system's long term edge. Risk of ruin also enters significantly into
the equation, although with fixed fractional trading, RoRuin become
essentially zero with large account sizes. When people say they can only
handle "x%" DD or pain, what I hear is that they are not confident that the
system will come back after suffering that x% DD. I only trade dull, boring,
unimaginative, but ultimately reliable (in the long term) trend following
strategies on a broad diversified portfolio that I have 100% confidence will
always come back to profit after every DD so that I can leverage it to the
hilt, within margin constraints, to get those triple digit annual returns.
Granted, my futures account only contains dollars that I am don't care about
emotionally...

Just my humble opinion...

Scott Hoffman
Issaquah, WA