Re: Data conversion and merging

I'm not an expert in this area - but I do try to keep clean databases.  If I
were approaching this problem - I'd do it in 2 steps.  First - I'd try to clean
up the database.  Then I'd think about converting it.  I still use the old
Metastock Utilities DOS compare function (at least - off the top of my head - I
think it's called "compare") when I'm trying to clean up a database on a newly
downloaded security (the older files have been cleaned).  Then I do a visual
inspection of the chart.  If a data point looks out of whack - it probably is
out of whack.  If it is out of whack - I try to get correct data - or - if that
is impossible (as is frequently the case with mutual fund data which has been
adjusted for distributions for the last decade) - I fix the data best I can.

As for Metastock data - you can use the dat/dop format now if you want to (it
isn't necessary for most purposes - but you can use it if need be).  Robyn