Re: Use TS 4.0 for manual trade tracking?

Ian wrote:
> I would like to be able to track and plot within TS4.0 trades that I
> execute. One could say manually, i.e. not related to a system.
>
> For example if Mon 5th April went long USM9 1 unit, ( I know the dates and
> prices of all my trades, or if they were done just mkt on open), and closed
> it out today again mkt on open, to be able to plot that using the system
> tracking on TS both graphically and in PL terms.

One way would be to use ascii files as data2 and data3 for market
position and entry/exit price.

Example:
mkt_pos = c data2;
ent_price = c data3;
if mkt_pos > mkt_pos[1] then buy at ent_price limit;

Ascii files are useful for bringing all kinds of non-price info into
systems or indicators.

--
   Dennis