Re: 4-8-99 Thursday comments for Friday

  • To: Michael Stewart <tomdemark@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: 4-8-99 Thursday comments for Friday
  • From: Tom DeMark <tomdemark@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 21:36:18 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Stewart wrote:

> Tom,
>
> looks like you might have nailed the low - wonder if you will call the high
> ?

THANK YOU for your kind words, michael, however, my memo was intended
for review ONLY by my son. yes, you are correct the projection made
yesterday for the S and P low for today was indeed 1343.90--- a MERE one
tick less than the ACTUAL low of 1344.00. Also you are correct that the
projected high of 1362.90 which was also made yesterday was a MERE 4
ticks from the ACTUAL high of 1362.50. Obviously, NO ONE is capable of
forecasting the future with success but the odds of someone
statistically predicting a trading day's low within 1 tick and the same
day's high within 4 ticks is not incredible if one has both LUCK and a
few time-tested techniques to support the forecasts. it's amazing that
despite this report's unintentional delivery yesterday to this forum,
some of the members choose to attack the messenger--me. the market did
perform just as described but this was not intended as my recommendation
to the forum members since they were NOT my audience. surprisingly, one
member did respond to a member by the name of Seth to notify him that he
did in fact traded 25 S and Ps based upon the forecast--although it
would have been profitable, i'm sorry to read that since it was
certainly not my intention. I HAVE INCLUDED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS
LETTER PROOF OF THE ABOVE MARKET STATEMENTS, NEVERTHELESS, JUST TO
PREVENT THESE SAME INDIVIDUALS FROM TWISTING THE FACTS ONCE AGAIN.

in retrospect, it amazes me how much wasted venom, energy, and diatribe
some of these potentially valuable members of this group exert. a
chronology from the misguided e-mail to my son is reported blow. note
how it involves the same individuals who have usurped control of your
forum to elevate their small statures and large egos.

NOT UNEXPECTEDLY, mark brown was first to attack and smear, not
necessarily the content of mymessage since it was uncertain of its
accuracy, rather he chose to critique my motivation which only i know,
not he. soon afterwards "pete sp broker" was quick to fire off "Dont
start this SHIT again, asshole.....", then a couple of members--chesler
for one--attempted to draw a connection or a diabolical purpose
implicating sam tennis--the creator of ez language--manning stoller--a
quality researcher and individual of high integrity--and me. for what
purpose i dont know. i have never met manning stoller and have only
spoken to him many, many years ago on the telephone. i have read his
articles and am impressed with his market savvy, research experience,
and knowledge. as for sam tennis--i havent spoken to sam in many, many
months but i can tell you one thing he's an exceptional programmer and
individual and certainly no Machiavelli. Each possess qualities many of
this forum's critics could only hope for and something these critics
certainly lack. how could some of these members extrapolate from an
innocent response i sent to manning ulterior motives is beyond me.
nevertheless two members accused me of using the excuse that i
inadvertently sent a response to manning to the group when it was the
message to my son which I admittdly misdirected.

some character by the name of jim paris thought he was a real detective
by proving the routing to manning and the omega users group were done
surreptitiously and simultaneously--i never denied this, or ever would
i, because i intended to do that. he(JIM) ruefully wrote:
             Fwd: your mailing list