Re: Living in Maui

Statistically, very few of the people who attempt to make the transition to
living in the middle of the Pacific survive more than a few weeks-- and most
of the rest are gone in 6 months.  If you're an active day-trader, 2:00am is
very early in the morning! Swing-trading and short-term position trading--
not so bad.
Surprising as it may seem, Internet speed and connections are better than
Los Angeles.  Oahu has all digital switching and fibre-optics.  I guess it's
easier and faster to do a 600 sq. mi. island than a sprawling metropolis.
Cable modems abound and I would never consider switching back.  Not sure
about Maui, but they're not too keen on outsiders moving in, so I wouldn't
trust anything you hear anyway.