Re: Automated S&P Order Entry

Ok, easy guys.....

Ha - Yeah, sounds like financial suicide doesn't it? Maybe we should add
2000i (beta version 1.0)  in there to really have some fun?

Well, to clarify further....My manual trading method is completed...has been
for some time now.   Right now everything is functioning as a method (not a
friggin' system, bad word) and I am actually satisfied and confident in
trading the S&P daily.... The indicators I use are mentally integrated and I
use Leo with a click of the mouse to get in and out in seconds.

The  thing I want to add is a fuzzy neural to simply integrate my indicators
(not "improve" or optimize anything) and mimic what I do NOW to decide on a
trade.  This will take some work, which is what I am working on now. Then,
once I'm satisfied, I hope to have this TS/ Excel/   Neural-Fuzzy and html ?
link dial in the trades as I watch it happen in real time. I could over-ride
it, of course, but I'm hoping I can sit on my hands and  just watch.... this
may over come my occassional fear .   If it screws up, I can pick up the
phone and call the desk. I don't plan to leave it alone. It could be a bad
little boy. <g>

I know one think for sure...whenever I feel real comfortable about a trade I
usually get slammed. But when I am worried and scared it usually turns in my
favor almost immediately. ( BTW, I buy and sell panics only)

It's unfortunate that I will sometimes pass on "scary" trades which are the
trades that my indicators say are good. Then I usually will take the
marginal, comfortable ones that usually have less potential.

This auto-trade thing is just another patch or band-aid  attempting  to over
come my normal aversion to loss, like most everyone else.

Even if I were to use a friggin "system" the same fear would be there, since
it must be manually executed, regardless of backtesting. Backtesting is
nice, but the human emotions tend to focus on right now...and of course
"right now" is gonna be different this time, right?

There's my rational....for better or worse - will let ya know how things
go - Got lots of work ahead.

Later,

Tom Cathey

> oh yes, that MUST be really thrilling.......

Yes, life must not be boring. Some other suggestions:

Snip snip

> > What a thrill it will be to be able to toggle the  trading method on and
> > erase the fear of pulling the trigger.....THAT is my biggest flaw at the
> > moment, and watch many good trades go by as a result throughout the day.
> >
> > Tom Cathey
>
> oh yes, that MUST be really thrilling.......to rely on youre PC, W98 or
whatever, T$
> 2398, youre ISP, phoneline, TOPS, CUBS and LEO......
>
> what are the chances that ALL work correctly on the same time and day ?
<g>