Re: advice for a newbie

if you are not trading something like leaps or futures and do not need to
look far out for contracts to trade.  i would wait for a patch as promised
and then see what happens.  if i was cruz i would recall the ts 2000i
immediately and get the patch out for 4.0.  i would then concentrate on the
improvement of the current architecture of ts 4.0.  i would eliminate the
bar limits and recompile the thing for 32 bit and continue to release
patches until he has ts 4.0 up to ts 2000i expectations (which would take
him a year of hard work) i would then release the thing as ts 5.0 and not
some dated name like ts2000 (who cares) then i would invest in my own data
feed, forget bmi and signal and the rest they have all gone to crap anyway.
i have just given bill an excellent business model that would eliminate me
as a competitor against him.  i honestly wish he would take my advice, but
he will not.  so now that i am involved in the act of self preservation to
create a program.  i will sleep little until i have shown him the way it
should have been done.   with millions of dollars at my disposal and my
total income derived from trading and not software sales.  i plan to give
cruz a run for his money and do to him what he did to metastock when that
company didn't listen to their customers needs for a windows program.

mb

ps there are many upstart software products out there, but until i find one
that will do what i need i am doing my own.  tradelab would have been the
only one that i saw that had the potential to deliver.  however it has not
progressed on schedule as promised and looks to be hopelessly caught in a
spiral of being lost in the details.  so hang tight if you can and demand
that cruz fix our beloved 4.0 's