Re: Has Omega Changed its spots?

Charles Kaucher wrote:

>  I am afraid that the Belgium Dentist ( EOD day traders and
> new EOD traders) are the target market for Omega.

I think it would be more appropriate to direct your comments to *new* traders -
EOD or otherwise.  I've been an EOD trader for a long time - working with a lot
of securities like the Fidelity Select Funds - but I am not particularly
unsophisticated.  I do not want a program that can't read my Metastock database
(the new Omega database doesn't even have mutual funds - and - if it did - I
doubt it would be adjusted for annual distributions - which would render the
database worthless).  Nor does the typical EOD user (IMO) want to upgrade to a
fancy system with 256 megs of RAM to run what should be able to run on 32 megs
of RAM (SuperCharts can run very nicely on 16 megs).  In a nutshell - I think
there are a lot of people out there who believe they can quit their day jobs
and make more as traders (EOD or otherwise).  And fancy computer software is
part of what they think they have to buy to try to live out that fanstasy.
Those of us who've been around for a while know better than that.  Robyn