Re: Quote.com troubles

Quote.com definitely has been having occasional outages recently -- this is
a message they sent out on 3/19/99

Dear Live! Charts Customer,

As you have noticed, we have been experiencing some difficulties with our
Live! Charts recently. The inconvenience this has caused you deeply concerns
us, and we wanted to notify you of the steps we have been taking to rectify
the problem.

The reason you have been experiencing some problems with the charts is
largely due to increased demand for capacity on our chart servers, which can
cause one to become unavailable. This weekend we will be taking steps to
prevent downtime on the servers, and increasing our monitoring capabilities
to recover from any service interruption more quickly. These changes will
build resiliency of the system and prevent access from being denied to our
customers.

We appreciate your patience while we make these improvements. Quote.com is
committed to providing the highest quality of quotes, historical data and
charting services. Consistency and dependability of our services is our
number one goal, and we recognize that is vital to your satisfaction.