Re: History to Save in the GlobalServer

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Melody Blais wrote:

> The GlobalServer will store up to 65,535
> days of data. (65,535 days is equal to 179.55 years.) The GlobalServer will
> store up to 65,535 days of data for each of the data compressions specified
> in the History to Save settings. The number entered refers to the number of
> days, not the number of ticks or minutes.

Does this mean that one could store 458,745,000 ticks for, say, the
e-mini at 7000 ticks per day? (just want to make sure I understand)

Are these stored by the BMI/Signal/etc *data feed* server, or by a TS
program that acts as a server only for TS (as in TS4)?

If there is a TS server, does it:

(1) get raw/binary data that needs decoding for each data vendor, or

(2) get price, volume, etc data *already decoded* by a program provided by
the data feed vendor?

Thanks for the clarifications - they are helpful and appreciated.

Larry