History to Save in the GlobalServer

Dear Omega Research Customer,

There have been a few posts lately about the maximum number of ticks which
can be stored in the GlobalServer. The GlobalServer will store up to 65,535
days of data. (65,535 days is equal to 179.55 years.) The GlobalServer will
store up to 65,535 days of data for each of the data compressions specified
in the History to Save settings. The number entered refers to the number of
days, not the number of ticks or minutes.

If the number of days entered is greater than 65535, the number will wrap
back to 0 (zero). For example, if the number 65536 is entered, the days to
save defaults to 0, 65537 becomes 1 etc. Entering 300,000 days to save,
defaults to 37,856. This is an oversight on our part. When entering a number
greater than 65535, the number entered should revert back to the maximum
number allowed, 65535. We apologize for any misunderstanding this might have
caused. This will be addressed in a future release.

Omega Research uses 50,000 as the default number of days to save daily data.
(50,000 days is equal to 136.99 years.)

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding about the amount of data which
can be stored in the GlobalServer. If you have any other questions, please
visit the Support Online section of our web site,
www.omegaresearch.com/supportonline.

Sincerely,
Melody A. Blais
Omega Research, Inc.
Customer Support Supervisor

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact  the sender and delete the material from any
computer.