Re: Acampora

hans esser wrote:

> > Acampora's systems are getting whipsawed
>
> This is IMPOSSIBLE - he does not have one - he uses a RULER - no more!

Well - there are worse systems than using a trend line <g>.

I've never met Acampora - or heard him speak - and I have to admit he's not among my
favorite market analysts.  I don't have many favorites - but one I like a lot is
Alan Shaw from Smith, Barney.  Maybe because he doesn't say too much - and - when he
does say something - it's worth listening to.  If you ever get a chance to hear him
speak - go.  He gave a lecture here a couple of years ago to a group of Smith,
Barney customers.  The average age was about 70 - and I doubt more than 3 had ever
heard of technical analysis before.  But he didn't pull any punches - and gave an
excellent presentation.  We even got a handout filled with some hard to find charts
(like a complete chart of interest rates in US - back to 1798).  Robyn