Re: DTN - Discount

Chris,

I don't feel that this thread could truly be considered an advertisement.
My initial post was a specific response to specific questions about our
services.  Subsequent to that response, several list members (such as
yourself) asked other questions related to our services.  I have answered
all requests via the list to the list.  In turn, when I received private
emails I responded to them privately.  While I don't disagree that this
thread has given some exposure to DTN, I hope that no one has considered my
posts out of line.  Not once have I posted an 800#, nor have I issued any
critiques of our competition.

As far as discounts go...generally speaking DTN does not discount it's
services.  BUT, we have several different products each with it's own
market niche and it's own product managers.  Occassionally these individual
products may be offering some sort of discount.  For example, the Futures
South conference was held in Orlando this past weekend.  We offered
conference attendees a $100 discount for both the DTN Real Time and the
DTNstant products.  Some products also offer discounts or deferred billing
for a competitive switch out.  The best way to get a discount is to ask the
DTN rep you work with what deals are available at that time.  But since we
have so many different service levels, please don't compromise your needs
just because one product might have a discount while the one your really
need does not.

To offer a specific discount for Omega list members would be counter
productive to the list itself.  I am pretty certain that DTN would require
that we be a true advertiser/sponsor of the list to be able to offer a
specific discount to list members.  DTN would probably want some say in the
content of the list itself.  Once more, I am stating my opinions on these
matters, I am not trying to negotiate any type of deal.

Regards,

Kevin Lee/DTN