Postings by Vendors

I think DTN's posts here are great. Instead of uninformed BS, we get the
straight scoop right away. I'm for more of this, not less.

John

>Chris,
>
>I don't feel that this thread could truly be considered an advertisement.
>My initial post was a specific response to specific questions about our
>services.  Subsequent to that response, several list members (such as
>yourself) asked other questions related to our services.  I have answered
>all requests via the list to the list.  In turn, when I received private
>emails I responded to them privately.  While I don't disagree that this
>thread has given some exposure to DTN, I hope that no one has considered my
>posts out of line.  Not once have I posted an 800#, nor have I issued any
>critiques of our competition.
>
>As far as discounts go...generally speaking DTN does not discount it's
>services.  BUT, we have several different products each with it's own
>market niche and it's own product managers.  Occassionally these individual
>products may be offering some sort of discount.  For example, the Futures
>South conference was held in Orlando this past weekend.  We offered
>conference attendees a $100 discount for both the DTN Real Time and the
>DTNstant products.  Some products also offer discounts or deferred billing
>for a competitive switch out.  The best way to get a discount is to ask the
>DTN rep you work with what deals are available at that time.  But since we
>have so many different service levels, please don't compromise your needs
>just because one product might have a discount while the one your really
>need does not.
>
>To offer a specific discount for Omega list members would be counter
>productive to the list itself.  I am pretty certain that DTN would require
>that we be a true advertiser/sponsor of the list to be able to offer a
>specific discount to list members.  DTN would probably want some say in the
>content of the list itself.  Once more, I am stating my opinions on these
>matters, I am not trying to negotiate any type of deal.
>
>Regards,
>
>Kevin Lee/DTN

John Sweeney, Tech. Editor  Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities
Technical Analysis, Inc.    The Traders' Magazine
4757 California Ave. S.W.   Phone: 206 938-0570  Fax: 206 938-1307
Seattle, WA 98116-4499 USA  Web: http://www.traders.com/
Contents may not reflect official opinion of Technical Analysis, Inc.