Re: DATA COLLECTION

At 05:48 PM 3/8/99 EST, Perthuis@xxxxxxx wrote:
>In a message dated 3/8/99 1:16:50 PM EST, gw1933@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< Also has anyone heard of a ASDL line from gte? >>
>ASDL from GTE is supposed to be the way to go.  It is only available in the
>GTE area and on copper lines.  If you have fibre optics, it will not work. It
>is supposed to be faster than anything else, requires no special equipement
>and is about $30 per month.  I have not used it but have been researchng it.
>
>Pert

Postscript:  Obviously, each part of the country will have differing
requirements, costs, etc. so my blanket statement is a generalization that
the cited article claims is true in most areas. It certainly is in mine;
hence, my choice for cablemodem. DSL may be best for you in your area if
conditions warrant.

Michael