Re: No Multiple Data Tick Charts in TS2000i [was Re: Data with

Tony Haas <sptradr@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Didn't the Omega PR gals and guys "promise" us in the next version of TS
>(then 5, now 2000i) the ability to mix tick and time bars charts?
>BTW: lack of this feature "screws the pooch" in terms of upgrading from TS4
>to 2000i for me...what's the point if the data server still sucks too???
>
>Mark Brown wrote:
>>we are also attempting real time multiple data tick bar charts!

This brings up an interesting question: just what do you use for the
reference(s) of multiple-non-time-based charts?  I suppose it was the
difficulty of this question that has kept Omega from dealing with it
all these years.

I can think of a few obvious alternatives:

1): Stretch the "slower" charts to align them in time with "faster" ones.

2): Start all data series, with their individually-selected bar spacings,
	at the left (probably off screen) edge of the chart, and just let
	them build as they will.

3): Align all the rightmost bars of the chart, and let the various series
	flap away as they will to the left.

4): Let the user specify some arbitrary horizontal-axis function for
	each series.

Each alternative comes with its own problems, especially for indicators
displayed in their own windows.  Do you allow indicators based on different
price series to appear in a common window?  And what about indicators
based on multiple data series, one of the prime motivations for wanting
this capability in the first place?

#3 gets interesting when the "rightmost" bar is set back from the physical
right-hand edge of chart to allow future projection, as any serious
charting package should allow.

Anyone have more possibilities, or good reasons for choosing one alternative
over another?

Jim