Re: DATA COLLECTION

I have been with Genesis Financial Data Services for some time now. I
like the way their downloads work. They seem to be careful about data
correctness. (www.gfds.com)

as for ADSL by GTE, several people in my company have acquired it - here

is a sample of one of their statements regarding it:

"And lo, the gates of the Internet were opened unto me, and I beheld a
mighty river of data, and the ethernet cables did tremble with the
greatness thereof.."

My ADSL line got hooked up yesterday.  The install went slow, but
smooth.  The box was installed by 10:00 AM and as soon as the GTE guy
walked out the door, I hooked the ethernet cable he left into my
computer, rebooted and was up and running on the Internet.  I didn't
have
an e-mail address, and I couldn't log on to their News server, but
downloads were blazing.  Our T1 has nothing on it, for speed.  I got the

SP4 update (full install) in less than half an hour.  Last time I
downloaded it here, it took me almost an hour.  Course, we're sharing
here, and I can be a bandwidth hog at home.  <g>

The guy with the paperwork didn't show up till 5:30 last night (so much
for "between 1:00 and 4:00") and when he got there, he'd run out of
forms.  He had to call his office and have them FAX over a new one that
he had me print out twice, so he'd be able to take one to his next
install.  Then I called GTE and waited and waited and waited.  When I
got
tired of waiting, I waited some more.  After 1 solid hour on hold, I got

through to somebody who told me that the e-mail address I wanted was
taken.  We went through half a dozen different ones before we found one
that wasn't already taken.  He told me it could be "several days" before

it was activated, but it worked this morning when I got up.

Overall?  It can be described in two words: Get It

If you have a home computer and an Internet account, you HAVE to have
ADSL.  Call now, operators are standing by....

gil ward wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good internet data collection for futures only?
>
> Also has anyone heard of a ASDL line from gte?
> Any comments would be appreciated.
> Gil

I have been with Genesis Financial Data Services for some time now. I
like the way their downloads work. They seem to be careful about data
correctness. (www.gfds.com)

as for ADSL by GTE, several people in my company have acquired it - here
is a sample of one of their statements regarding it:

"And lo, the gates of the Internet were opened unto me, and I beheld a
mighty river of data, and the ethernet cables did tremble with the
greatness thereof.."

My ADSL line got hooked up yesterday.  The install went slow, but
smooth.  The box was installed by 10:00 AM and as soon as the GTE guy
walked out the door, I hooked the ethernet cable he left into my
computer, rebooted and was up and running on the Internet.  I didn't have
an e-mail address, and I couldn't log on to their News server, but
downloads were blazing.  Our T1 has nothing on it, for speed.  I got the
SP4 update (full install) in less than half an hour.  Last time I
downloaded it here, it took me almost an hour.  Course, we're sharing
here, and I can be a bandwidth hog at home.  <g>

The guy with the paperwork didn't show up till 5:30 last night (so much
for "between 1:00 and 4:00") and when he got there, he'd run out of
forms.  He had to call his office and have them FAX over a new one that
he had me print out twice, so he'd be able to take one to his next
install.  Then I called GTE and waited and waited and waited.  When I got
tired fo waiting, I waited some more.  After 1 solid hour on hold, I got