Re: Off Topic: Java Problem

Netscape Communicator was my solution also.

In a message dated 3/7/99 10:28:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
frt1000@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I also have this problem.  It appears in certain web sites.  The worst part
 of it for me is that I subscribe to Futures World News thru my broker, Lind
 Waldock.  When I connect to the site and click thru the various menus to
 finally get to the actual headlines is where I have the problem.  The
 objective is to click on the headline of choce and up comes the complete
 news story.  Except for me what comes up is the dreaded box that you
 describe.

 I played around with the various settings in IE for  a while but could never
 make it work, and Waldocks tech support was no help, so I gave up for a
 while.

 I also happen to have a version of Netscape on my computer, so one day for
 the heck of it I though I'd try it on FWN.  To my surprise it worked
 perfectly.  Since I dislike Netscape, I only use it for FWN, and use IE for
 everything else, but at least I have the news when I want it even if it is
 inconvienient. >>