Re: Off Topic: Java Problem

Rus,

I also have this problem.  It appears in certain web sites.  The worst part
of it for me is that I subscribe to Futures World News thru my broker, Lind
Waldock.  When I connect to the site and click thru the various menus to
finally get to the actual headlines is where I have the problem.  The
objective is to click on the headline of choce and up comes the complete
news story.  Except for me what comes up is the dreaded box that you
describe.

I played around with the various settings in IE for  a while but could never
make it work, and Waldocks tech support was no help, so I gave up for a
while.

I also happen to have a version of Netscape on my computer, so one day for
the heck of it I though I'd try it on FWN.  To my surprise it worked
perfectly.  Since I dislike Netscape, I only use it for FWN, and use IE for
everything else, but at least I have the news when I want it even if it is
inconvienient.

So that's my non-solution solution.

Good Luck,

Bill N.