Re:Adaptive moving avg.

At 10:42 AM 3/7/99 -0700, Gary Fritz wrote:
>> There are other ma's (ama's ??) - dema, t3 and tema1.  I think one
>> can download it somewhere, maybe the omega research website.
>
>Bob Fulks' EL implementation of Tim Tillson's T3 is available at my
>FTP site:  ftp://ftp.frii.com/pub/fritz .  T3.txt is a short
>description and T3.ela contains the indicator.
>
>T3 is a *very* good, very low-lag MA -- nearly as good as Jurik's MA.
> And it's free and openly available.
>
>Gary

I agree, the T3 indicator is very good (and I've sung its praises before,
on this list). (I would've said these lists, but I've been mysteriously
unsubscribed from the Code List).

However, I've had the opportunity to derive some alternate market
measurements and smooth them. They're pretty badly behaved at times. When
used to smooth them, T3 becomes unstable and overshoots badly, whereas JMA
sails right through them.

Allan

"Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half." -
Anonymous