RE: Omega Y2K & FAQ's

For starters, the fix for TS4 will need to be a 16bit fix.  All new OR
products are 32 bit apps which use a different memory referencing so that
eliminates all the new apps.  For the other 16 bit apps, you can't take a
"fix" designed for one product and apply it to another product simply
because they use the same basic calandar scheme.  All software apps are
unique in the way they are structured and coded.  Unless the app was
specifically engineered to allow this type of patch (which I strongly doubt
cause that would mean Omega was aware of Y2K way back then so why didn't
they just build Y2K compatiblity in rather than a patch later?) then Omega
will have to egineer and release a separate patch for each product.  Like
one system isn't applicable for all traders, one patch isn't applicable to
all related software.  They could however, deliver all patches for their
16bit products in one file that had different patches internally but
installed separate so-called fixes for each app.