Re: Time Stamping in the GlobalServer

>The Global Server uses the time sent by the data provider with DTN and PC
Quote datafeeds. When starting the GlobalServer with DTN and PC Quote
datafeeds, the GlobalServer will begin saving data as soon as it receives a
timestamp from the feed.

so if the feedtime is wrong then the omega feed is wrong OK WHY would the
data feed time be wrong?  because the data feed uses the computer clock,
even though there is a time stamp sent in the feed.  so if the feed time is
correct and the computer time is wrong HOW then does omega's server get the
WRONG time stamp?  IF what you say is true (WHICH IT ISNT) then it would not
matter what the computer clock time IS!   You are a puppet telling what you
are told to tell, you dont know crap about your OWN product!

>With DBC Signal and BMI Bonneville datafeeds, the Data Manager manages time
stamps using the computer clock before the data is sent to the GlobalServer.

THERE SEE!  you have just told two stories above one says the omega (crap)
server gets its time stamps from the stamp in the feed!!!!!!!

Then you say that the time stamp is delivered by the computer clock!!!!!!
the first statement IS WRONG!!!!!!

ps I  wanna job there move over !!!!

>The Data Manager will automatically synchronize the computer clock to the
datafeed time if the option is enabled in the Data Manager. We strongly
recommend that this option always be enabled in the Data Manager to ensure
that the GlobalServer and datafeed times are always aligned.

JEE ! why the hell would we need to do this according to your first
statement?

Close all applications, and then open only the Data Manager. Click on Data |
Time..., and then in the Computer Clock section, check the box next to
Synchronize Computer Clock. This option will synchronize the computer's
clock to the datafeed time throughout the day.

Just dandy cant wait!!!!