Re: Futures mag sells opinions?

W. Parks wrote:
> > When you think about it, our lives are controlled by the media we
> > read and watch more than we want to believe...

Most people believe what is seen or heard in the media.  This is the
basis for advertising.  When people see something in a magazine (or
elsewhere) they tend to suspend skepticism and feel "if it weren't true,
they couldn't print it."  This is why the simple line "as deen on TV"
makes a claim much more believable.

If a stranger approached you on the street and told you they were going
to show you how to easily make 50% on your money and only charge you
$3000, you would probably (hopefully) laugh and walk away.

However, many people write checks to total strangers everyday for this
same promise.  Why? Because the claim was advertised, and if it weren't
true it wouldn't be able to be printed.

I've wondered how, in this age of computers and advanced analysis
techniques, are there so many outlandish ads for systems and other
wealth-building methods, when it woiuld be a simple matter for them to
be objectively tested.

The answer is that many people are looking for an easy (or easier) way
to whatever they desire.  With the slightest hope of "what if it really
is true..." they believe the promise and send their check.  It has
always been this way and probably always will be.

Mike