Re: Futures mag sells opinions?

W. Parks wrote:
> When you think about it, our lives are controlled by the media we
> read and watch more than we want to believe. It's my opinion we've
> become a society where we allow others to do our thinking for us.
>
> William

I agree whole-heartedly in principle, but I think human nature is more
responsible than our particular society. I attribute it to nothing
more than the "herd" instinct, or the individual's desire to have
one's beliefs match that of the masses. It just so happens that the
media is geared towards mass dissemination, so they are often regarded
by the populace as the "authority".

I think any successful trader has learned to use this basic human
"flaw" in others to their own advantage.  So. . .you won't find me
complainin' about it!

Bob Hunt