Re: TS 2000i - Where's the Server?

-----Original Message-----
From: sptradr@xxxxxxxxx <sptradr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, February 28, 1999 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: TS 2000i IS CRAP?

>I may not know piss about the TS2000i charting or power editor  capabilities,
>but I do know (collaborated by several real time beta testers) that the
>current server version processes ticks based on the computer clock and not
>datafeed time stamps.

You seem to assume Omega is providing a Server with T/S 2000, but I'm puzzled because
Omega's web page for TradeStation 2000 makes NO reference to a Server.   In other words
Omega's web page on T/S 2000 presents it solely as an analytical and testing tool.

As in any major new version of a software application there will be T/S 2000 crashes and
bugs and complaints.   However Omega's attitude is "give me the $500 upgrade fee and then
we'll tell you whether you get a Server" is absurd.

It's also very odd that Omega has not provided detailed documentation on what's new in T/S
2000 and what's involved in upgrading.   This seems to be standard when a software vendor
is offering a major upgrade to existing users.   But that probably presumes the software
vendor actually cares about it's existing customer base.

--- Chris