Torched database

I just pasted in some data from a friend, and now my database has
lost all intraday data prior to the period covered by my friend's OMZ
file.  Help!  Do I have any recourse other than restoring my backup?

Here's what happened:

* I was gone from 2/16 through 2/24.

* Yesterday I downloaded refresh data (futures & index) for that
  period from the Omega site.

* While pasting in the data, I ran into an infinite "file read error"
  on one of the index files.  Had to kill the offline server to get
  out of the loop.  Don't know if that messed anything up.  Server
  crashed when I started it up again, then another attempt worked.

* Turned out the problem was caused by a truncated OMZ file.  (Thanks,
  Omega, for the hyper-reliable software.)  I re-downloaded the file
  and pasted it in.

* Noticed that some data seemed bogus.  (E.g. the ND futures data
  would show a tight band of 2-4 pts for an entire day, with each
  bar hitting the high/low of that band.  I've seen this happen
  before and wasn't sure if it was database corruption or bad data.)

* Asked my friend to send me data.  He's recently switched from
  BMI (which is what I use) to DBC FM.  Don't know if that would
  affect anything, but... after pasting in his data, I noticed
  all my intraday data prior to 2/16 is GONE.  Daily data is
  still OK.

I suspect the best/simplest solution is to restore from my backup,
which I made just before leaving on 2/13 (*whew*).  Then I can paste
in the refresh data from Omega again, without the truncated file this
time, and hopefully all will be well.

I believe I need to restore the 40bonn.dat and 40bonn.idx files, and
delete the 40bonn5.* files so the server will re-generate them, right?

Any guesses whether this was caused by the truncated file, or by my
friend's DBC data?

Thanks,
Gary