Re: TS2000i upgrade

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TS2000i upgrade
  • From: "Thomas Brun" <TDBRUNkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:19:36 -0500 (EST)

I also remember Omega stating that the Security Block would be an option for
TS 5.0.  They may have changed that idea when the decision of creating
TS2000i was made.  I also remember many complaints about the Security Block
and user's asking that it be removed on the newer versions of TS.  I for one
have never had a complaint about the Security Block....It has never failed
me in almost 10 years of use . I prefer the Security Block.  I guess I
should be glad that I have 2 of them..purchased legally from Omega .

I do have this question.  There also was some talk many moths ago about
allowing the server to run on more than one computer at the same time but
only allowing the Charting feature to work on one computer at a time. Can't
Omega fingerprint or use a Security Block for this and allow the server to
run without any security feature? This would allow the data to be collected
by more than one computer while only allowing the charting on one computer.
Therefore if your computer fails all you have to do is switch the Block and
your back in business.

If this is not an option I would hope that Omega will soon consider this,
we too are in business.  I understand that Omega needs to protect their
business but I wish they would consider that some of their customers rely
heavily on their product and that we are in business as well.  I certainly
do not need the excitement of having a computer fail while I am in a trade.

Thank You,

Tom  Brun