Re: And the chicken plots..

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 Orphelin@xxxxxxx wrote:

> ASC files are indexed in a master file.
> Copying a wrong ASCII file with the wrong number name (Sxxx.ASC for example)
> producesan error.
> This has been seen in tha past.
> ELA files forbid this.

Good ASCII file management would allow non-numeric names, and would keep
backups as well as other very useful info.  I sent in a long series of
suggestions on this, including how to do it and a even a possible coding
scheme, many years ago.  It was not that hard to do and the suggested
approach was, IMHO, *much* more helpful to the *user* than even the
current file management.  Did we ever see any of it?  Afraid not...

> Prosuite 2000i has things that you cannot yet imagine.

I'd bet I could imagine *many* more things that it does NOT have.

> Could we stop this thread now ?

Great idea!  Let's do...

Larry