Re: Protecting Software (Was: And the plot thickens...)

  • To: "Larry Wright" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Protecting Software (Was: And the plot thickens...)
  • From: "Patrick White" <spy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:48:43 -0500 (EST)

Larry and Omega List,

I was intrigued by Larry's message that said:

>It would be *very* easy for developers to make proprietary studies as
>DLL's.  Some already do that.  These DLL's could be protected by the same
>techniques used widely in the industry. No risk for developers (in fact,
>the commercial techniques offer *more* protection than does Omega).

I'm starting out doing some VB6 programming and am curious about what kind
of protection exe files have. I'm wondering if making EXE applications under
the VB6 platform offers any kind of protection from hacking or
disassembling? Are there other (inexpensive) techniques that you refer to
that programmers use to protect their works? If so, what might those be?

Thanks,

Patrick White