Re: And the plot thickens..

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Howard Jackson wrote:

> I agree we need all the rest, but about having everyting in ascii... I
> think not!

I was suggesting that there be an *option* to save studies as ASCII.  I
believe that would add greatly to the convenience for users.  I was not
suggesting that everything *must* be in ASCII.

> How about you make available to everyone your social security, bank
> account and mother's maiden name.  THis way anyone, obviously with
> your permission, can access your bank account and do errands for you.
> How conveniant would that be?

I'm not sure I understand what this has to do with TS studies being in
ASCII.

> Omega is the only software in this business that is widely used as a
> platform by third party companies and their users, what you say makes
> absolutely no sense to for Omega as it would end all of that business.

It would be *very* easy for developers to make proprietary studies as
DLL's.  Some already do that.  These DLL's could be protected by the same
techniques used widely in the industry. No risk for developers (in fact,
the commercial techniques offer *more* protection than does Omega).

And one could use them with ASCII code, if desired.  Would work well, no?

Larry