Fw: SSIACT.386

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lober <cwlo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, February 07, 1999 10:30 AM
Subject: SSIACT.386

I've had more than my share of problems with these files over the yrs..  I
am not familiar with Linux/Wabi, but is it possible that the device drivers
would not be compatible?

In any event, the problems that frequently pop up are incompatible ssipddp,
vddp, etc. files.  This problem occurs when upgrading to a newer version of
TS, and is what will give you the ssiact.386 not loaded message.  If this is
the problem, what you need to do is look at the dates of all of the ssipddp,
etc. files and make sure they have the same date.  Essentially, what happens
when loading a new version under NT, is that the old device driver is
already loaded, which prevents the newer one from being installed with all
of the others.  So whenever installing an upgrade, you should always disable
the ssipddp driver, and then do the upgrade.

Also, I would run the ssiact.exe file, and see if it is able to find the
security block under Linux.   This would be the first thing to check.

Regards,

Chris Lober