Re: CL_Vendors

Dans un courrier daté du 07/02/99 03:43:35 Heure d3iver Pari35 Madrid,
ronin@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

>  And if Omega is on this list, I want them to know that their software is a
>  fucking piece of shit. Unfortunately, it's the only one out there for  the
>  retail trader. There are times when my systems gives me a signal and then
>  that signal , somehow, mysteriously disappears. This shit happens at least
>  once a quarter. And don't have that Pissed Off frenchman tell me that my
>  systems are convoluted. I know my systems work. I know because I'm making
>  money off them. If this piece of shit software can't add/ subtract/
>  multiply/ divide /sqaure root accurately, why blame me or my systems? If
one
>  plus one does not equal two but 1.9998, what the fuck is it doing out of
>  beta? And where is my year 2000 patch?

Your code uses a Xaverage to calculate the trailing stop.
It can takes time to stabilize, and I have already explained that this
function may produce different results when starting the workspace again,
because the window length expressed in days is not the same before and after
reloading if you work realtime.
More , you do not pay attention to round the considered value based on
truerange.

Making money with a trading system is not a proof that the code does not
contain any error  or misundersatnding of the language!

PO frenchmen knows quite well the proper use TradeStation and never fall in
such trap.
Knowledge was obtained by doing homework before anything.
If it was the case, a verification of the origin of the supposed error is done
by using a print command before posting anything without  a serious
verification.
You should try this command first.

Concerning your year 2000 patch, I can say for sure that it is not in the code
you posted.
Maybe in an other ela file, who knows ?

(snip)

>  %R}
>  :Upper=(10-Lvl)*10;                    {Level to trigger a sell for the %R}
>  :Trail=Fct*XAverage(TrueRange,ATRLen);        {Trailing stop} <============
potential Xaverage problem
>  :Condition1=Ma1>Ma2;
>  :Condition2=Ma1<Ma2;
>  :Mp=Marketposition;
>  :If date<971101 then ncontr=2 else ncontr=1;
>  :
>  :If Mp<>1 and Condition1 then begin
>  :  Lstop=0;
>  :  Eb=currentbar;
>  :  If Ret crosses above Lower then buy("Buy Entry") ncontr contracts on
>  :close;
>  :  end;
>  :If Mp=1 and currentbar<>eb then begin   {Current Bar must not be the Entry
>  :Bar for the exit conditions to work}
>  :  LStop=Maxlist(LStop,MaxTradeHigh-Trail); <===========Maybe a rounding
problem that is not addressed in your code
>  :  exitlong("Exit Long") all contracts at Lstop stop;
>  :  end;
>  :If Mp<>-1 and Condition2 then begin
>  :  SStop=9999;
>  :  Eb=currentbar;
>  :  If Ret crosses below Upper then sell("Sell Entry") ncontr contracts on
>  :close;
>  :  end;
>  :If MP=-1 and currentbar<>eb then begin
>  :  SStop=Minlist(SStop,MinTradeLow+Trail); <===========Maybe a rounding
problem that is not addressed in your code
>  :  exitshort("Exit Short") all contracts at SStop stop;
>  :  end;
>  :

-Pierre Orphelin
French easy language spoken here