Re: Refs to ssiact.386

Hi

Maybe this will help ...In Win NT you can go to the REGISTRY to change
the settings.  I changed mine from LPT1 to LPT2.  There's a readme file
in ts/prog/drivers/nt which follows below.

"
To enable DOS and Windows programs to check the ACTIVATOR under Windows
NT

Put the Virtual device driver into \winnt\SYSTEM32 directory and
the DOS and Physical device drivers into \winnt\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS:

    COPY  SSIVDDP.DLL  C:\winnt\SYSTEM32\SSIVDDP.DLL

    COPY  SSIDDDP.SYS  C:\winnt\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\SSIDDDP.SYS
    COPY  SSIPDDP.SYS  C:\winnt\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\SSIPDDP.SYS

To load the Virtual Device Driver for ACTIVATOR, you have to add

    DEVICE=%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\SSIDDDP.SYS

to the CONFIG.NT file in Windows NT \winnt\SYSTEM32 directory.

With the programs SSIREGI.EXE and SSIREGM.EXE you can automatically
install/modify the SSIPDDP driver into NT's Registry database.
To install, simply run the command

        SSIREGI  install

After installing into Registry (and copying the SSIPDDP.SYS into the
directory \WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS) you have to reboot Windows NT.

If the security device is attached to LPT1, no modification necessary.
If another port is used, modify the registry with the command

        SSIREGM  LPTPort=n

where n=1-9 is the port#. Probably you don't need to modify the
virtual port address (for DOS and Win16 programs), but if you wish,
you may change with the command

        SSIREGM  VPort=hhhh

where hhhh is 4-digit hexadecimal port address (use 1000-3FF8).
If your computer is too fast and (in DOS mode) need delay adjustment
with the SSI_ACT environment variable, you have to do the same in the
registry with the command

        SSIREGM  SSI_ACT=n,n,n

In case you are using a very old ACTIVATOR/M, you have to modify the
registry in order to correctly write the old device. Use the command

        SSIREGM  SSI_MEM=OLD

If you make any modification in the registry, you have to reboot NT
in order to use the new setting.

If you want to completely remove the driver, run the command

        SSIREGI  remove

(If the driver is in use, the Registry key will be deleted only
next boot time.) If you used the virtual device driver, don't forget
to remove the line DEVICE=SSIDDDP.SYS from the CONFIG.NT file.

Alternatively, you may modify the Registry manually (using REGEDT32.EXE)
to add the device driver. Go into the hive
    \Registry\HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
and create a new key "SSIPDDP". Add the following values:

    ErrorControl = REG_DWORD 0x00000001
    Group = REG_SZ Extended Base
    Start = REG_DWORD 0x00000002
    Type = REG_DWORD 0x00000001

Create (inside SSIPDDP) a subkey "Parameters" and inside this subkey
add the following values:

    LPTPort = REG_DWORD 1
    VPort = REG_DWORD 0x3078

(If you want to use different LPT port, set the 1st value to 2 or 3,
for different virtual port address, the value must be >0x1000 and the
last hexa digit must be 0, 4, 8 or C)

You also may add the values SSI_ACT=n,n,n and SSI_MEM=OLD in the
"Parameters" subkey.

"

Hope this helps

Peter