Re: Trouble in Paradise : Repost

Jim,

> I must be a little thick because I don't get this at all. Would
> someone kindly explain to me why shelling out $1k for =beta= s/w
> which you may not want after you get it =or= never gets released is
> not problematic?? Isn't the obligation imposed prior to receiving
> the beta??? TIA.

Perhaps I am the thick one. Mark claims that you have to commit
yourself to buy the product before you become a tradelab beta-tester.
However I cannot read this from Bob's statement. So far I can see
there is nothing to pay for the beta unless you finally want the
full product. Perhaps Mark can explain how he came to his conclusion
that Bob is holding potential beta-testers for ransom. Or even
better: Bob could elaborate on his beta pricing policy.

I find this point rather important since Mark's comments on Bob's
character seems to be based on this interpretation.

Gerrit Jacobsen