Re: Trouble in Paradise : Repost

Mark,

I am not so surprised about the general direction of your  comments
regarding Tradelab/BobBrickey. However I believe that your current
comments stem partially from your own actions since you hyped-up
Tradelab as the saviour of trader-mankind. These exaggerated
expectations were bound to be dissapointed.

Having done some software developments myself I know that they take
longer than expected, are more complex than expected and cost more
than expected. So Bob deserves first of all my sympathy for having
tried at all to build some better software.

Regarding the beta-test I cannot draw the conclusions you have drawn
from his statement. As far I can see beta testers receive a discount
on the purchase price. There seems to be no obligation to pay if you
don't want the product after the beta-test or if the product gets
never released (this would not make sense anyway). So it does not
seem to be a con-job as you describe it - please correct me if this
is wrong. BTW: The www-beta-application-form doesn't mention any fees
either.

I can understand that you were dissapointed about his seminar but:
1. Beta-test software crashes sometimes - you should not be surprised
about it
2. Being a bad teacher and charging for it is no crime. At least the
seminars purpose seemed to be rather having a preview on
beta-tradelab rather than learning something about VB.

I have found the original scilink-list very informative and Bob's
postings were very educational and resourceful - and everything was
provided for free. I find it hard to believe that this person has
suddenly turned himself into a con-man as you describe him.
Furthermore the facts - I can only judge by what you have reported
here -  do not seem to support this claim.

It would be interesting to hear how much the seminar cost.

Gerrit Jacobsen