Re: CL_Programming stops in EL

  • To: VISTA-Research <SKTennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CL_Programming stops in EL
  • From: "William Vedder, Jr" <bved01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 05:54:37 -0500 (EST)

VISTA-Research wrote:

>         It is easy to have an exit active on the bar of entry.  The hang up is
> that it can have no awareness of the entry.  Simply put, it has not
> happened yet!

Something is "aware" on the bar of entry... why not my exits??? When I add
print statements to the system code and see how MarketPosition and EntryPrice
are changing, it's clear that these are "aware" on the entry bar. If MP changes
to 1 (eg) and EP is active on the entry bar it seems like the stops should be
active also. Could you explain further?

>         There is no way to exactly duplicate the built in stops.

Why not? What's the difference between the stops programmed in El and the
"canned" stops accessed thru the System Properties screen? Again, please
explain.

Bill