Re: CL_Programming stops in EL

  • To: "William Vedder, Jr" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CL_Programming stops in EL
  • From: VISTA-Research <SKTennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 01:28:24 -0500 (EST)

	It is easy to have an exit active on the bar of entry.  The hang up is
that it can have no awareness of the entry.  Simply put, it has not
happened yet!

	There is no way to exactly duplicate the built in stops.

Samuel

At 11:11 PM 01/19/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Jay Mackro wrote:
>> At 06:05 AM 1/19/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>>Within the system stops dialog box you can toggle various "canned" stops
like  money management stops, breakeven stops, etc.  I've programmed the
stops but it seems the stops aren't executed until after the close of each
bar.   However, when I use the dialog box settings, the stops get triggered
during a given intraday bar.

>> Bill:
>> You really haven't supplied enough information to provide a complete
answer.  Are you talking about trailing stops?  Money Management stops?
Profit Targets?  ...<snip>

>Jay, I wasn't very clear.
>	This is the crux of the biscuit: How do I write an exit statement in EL
that will take effect on the same bar as the entry statement? or maybe the
question should be CAN I...?
>Any help is appreciated.
>Regards,   Bill Vedder

    Samuel K. Tennis                              Vista Research
    129 Staff Drive                       voice: 1(850) 243-5105
    Ft. Walton Beach, FL  32548             fax: 1(850) 301-2884
    skt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://www.vista-research.com/
             ***** EasyLanguage Spoken Here *****