RE: Omega Dongle

I can't even see why anyone would *bother* with trying to copy tradestation.

At $2500.00 and with the limitations of the product, the price is high
enough to justify simply moving to another product.

I've been looking into Ensign Windows (http://www.ensignsoftware.com
<http://www.ensignsoftware.com> ). Even leased at $30.00 per month it will
give me 83 months for the same $2500.00. That's almost seven (7) years! All
PC software is obsolete after about 2-3 years. Considering this fact, the
price of the software, and as much as I like owning software, I hate to
admit but it is actually better to lease.

Check out some of the specs: native code compiler, Dephi/Pascal language,
studies, draw tools, etc.

The Charts, Studies, Draw Tools, Color Bars, delayed/real time quotes, etc.
are not such a big deal anymore as they were a few years ago. All charting
products have these features today (even web sites), so individual products
need to concentrate on other features to distinguish their product from the
competition.

Whether or not I "upgrade" to tradestation version 5 would be based upon
what Omega's "upgrade" price is going to come out to be and what
distinguishing features TS5 has over other competing products.

-- Roy