Re: Spammers Taking Over Omega List

The Usenet comparison is specious argument.  Usenet is a worldwide network
of mostly anonymous people with alias e-mail addresses-- posting a wide
variety of un-focused garbage and personal opinions.  The Omega-List is (or
formerly was) a focused group where the members have a common interest in
trading and specialized software.

When one or two brief Posts from someone who may or may not intend to
contribute something of value results in 30 or 40 posts containing personal
attacks and slanderous comments -- something is wrong.  I suggest that the
attackers are the cyber-counterpart of a party crasher who doesn't know how
to socialize and fit-in and enjoy a good time-- but instead is intent only
on insuring that the possibility of anyone else receiving any benefit is
also destroyed.

It would be simple enough to make a comment or two if you think a particular
message is not appropriate.  The repetitive and redundant personal attacks
serve only to destroy the List and chase away potential contributors and
others who have better things to do than wear out a delete button.