Re: An interesting day

:Today I have received a number of private emails from subscribers to
Eskimo.

This is the Omega-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx the Eskimo-List.  We're not Eskimos.

:They explained at some length that this is a dual society .... the serious
:contributions are transmitted on a private basis to each other and
:occasionally copied to the omega-list. The public list is used to extract
:some useful information but generally it is left to the ranting herd to
:prattle over.

If you check the archives, you'll see that a lot of serious trading ideas
and codes have been exchange publicly on this list. A lot of them by Mark
Brown, Pierre Orphelin, Earl Adamy, Brian Massey, Hans Esser, Tim Morge,
Dennis Holverstott and others whose names I forget at the moment.

The basic idea of this list is to exchange trading information that can be
used in Omega Research's TradeStation or SuperCharts or OptionStation. The
premise of this list is to take those ideas and code them for backtesting,
forward testing, real time testing and eventually (hopefully) real time
trading.

What this list finds objectionable is spamming by systems/methodology
vendors. A lot of us have been burn in the past by vendors pushing
unworkable, unrealistic or outright fraudulent systems, or systems that are
nothing more than a re-hash of publicly available systems and indicators.
That's why a lot of us are skeptical about T Bond Bill.

All that T-bond Bill has done so far is publicize his seminar at DBC Euro,
without revealing his methodology. Why would Bill go on this list, tout his
methodology without revealing it, except to drum up some people to pay $500
for his seminars and $387 for his book?

If he or any vendors wants us to buy his book/methodology, please prove that
it's for real by posting his trades. According to his claims, the US bonds
are liquid enough so that it wouldn't affect his methodology. I, on the
other hand, trade a fairly illiquid market, trying to capture discrepencies
that exist momentarily, so I will keep my system and methods to myself.