[Fwd: The Linux of financial trading systems?]

From: "Jack Hershey" <jhershey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: alt.invest,alt.invest.technical-analysis.omega,comp.lang.c++,misc.invest.technical
Subject: Re: The Linux of financial trading systems?
Date: 7 Nov 1998 15:37:49 GMT

Dear Mountain Bikn' guy

I endorse your concept of a grass roots Linux to build an open usable
resource.  And i would gladly contribute energy and time to supporting it.

i would be limited as a contributor, because of my limited expertise.  My
focus would have to be in the areas that lead up to the product you
envision.  i dont believe at this point that what is out there is the thing
to try to improve upon, mostly because what is there isnt too helpful or
appropriate.  I am very committed to the creative process rather than just
learning from others mistakes and criticing others.

I am further limited in that i have pursued TA for forty years, turning
away from other alternatives.  This bias may be contrary to your goals so i
would fall into a narrower niche than you and only be able to work on that
part of the overall thing you envision.

Tell us how you want to proceed and i will follow your direction.  Everyday
someone here comes up with a terrific idea and yours certainly is one of
the best I've seen and i support you.

Mountain Bikn' Guy <mtnbikn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in article
<GsL02.6131$Xt4.42490460@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>...