Re: trading certain times of the day ?

> hi,
>
> Im thinking wether limiting trading to/or excluding  certain times of the
session
> maybe better for various reasons and would like to hear what INTUITIVE
and
> SYSTEM traders think about it:
>
> IMO special times in S&P :
>
> first hour

I would be very cautious in the first 15/20 minutes but as the main move of
the morning and even the whole day can start around the 1st half hour I
think you will struggle to get on board any move if you don't trade within
the 1st 60 minutes.  Unless you are trading some breakout type strategy

> first 2 hours

same as above but more so!!  The first two hours is the best time to trade
for me.

> last hour - after bond close

last hour can be very erratic or very dead. even earlier on a Friday.
Either way I would not want to be involved.   I do enter any new trades in
the last hour.  If the market is active in the last hour the move usually
started well before that.   I am usually fairly tired by then anyway and
probably not thinking straight.

> Would you recommend to EXCLUDE those times, especially the first hour ?
> (after a first trend has establiched ?) or JUST trade the last hour ?
>
> Im not trying to be even more lazy but CONCENTRATE better on SAFER (if
> there is such thing) periods of the day ?
>
> thoughts ?

 I am cautious in the lunch time.  If ADX drops below 15 during the lunch
hour then I wont try and guess which way it will break I just wait for it
to happen.  I don't want to be part of the Local's lunch :-).  The squawk
will tell me how full the pit is and how many big locals there etc which
also gives me a gauge.

It seems to me that the S&P consists most days of 3 moves.  Morning one
starts around 10am then corrects during lunch, say 1200 onwards.
Afternoon move starts usually around 145/200pm.

rgds

Philip