Re: fuzzy........friends

> I was just wondering if Mark Brown has had a chance to download P.
> Orphelins latest software.....fuzzy assistant......

I am not so much interested in hearing MB's comments as they tend to
be biased.

I am rather interested to hear from Pierre how it is possible to
distinguish valid from invalid indicators with his software. I have
asked this question before.

> house. Just throw a few of your favorite indicators in.......close
> the top and let your new fuzzy friend run on spin cycle......and

The main danger for anyone using such a fuzzy engine is throwing
heaps of variables at it and it will come up with a solution.

I have no doubt that Pierre's software will come up with valid
solutions if given valid predictors. I am sure that a fuzzy engine
will combine them correctly.

However given invalid indicators it will come up with valid results
as well. This is why such a tool doesn't make life necessarily easier
if you don't know what your input is.

Therefore I would be interested to hear from Pierre which techniques
he uses for prefiltering his input variables.

Gerrit Jacobsen