Re: More Y2K Babble...

Dans un courrier daté du 04/11/98 07:37:55 Heure d7iver Pari55 Madrid,
bnm03@xxxxxxx a écrit :

>  **Pierre, this isn't a v5 issue it's a TS4 issue -- stop getting confused.
>  We all know V5 is y2K compat.(it best be).  What we want is a y2K compliant
>  v4 patch NOW NOW NOW.  All other major trade software vendors IN OMEGA'S
>  CLASS have got their products y2k compliant.  Why hasn't Omega?  Because
>  they're Omega.

I do not know.

>  >  What about internal monitroing of systems beyond year 2000?  We don't
>  know
>  >  how all functions of TS will behave past the year 2000 but I'll bet
Omega
>  >  does.  In fact, their betting that it will be so screwed up their best
>  bet
>  >  is to drag Y2K issue so far out that users will be all but forced to
>  upgrade
>  >  to 5.0.
>
>  Your interest is to upgrade, regardless to the yk2 problem, and to any
money
>  consideration.
>
>  **See already you're stumping for an upgrade as a y2k complaint patch.
This
>  is BS because it doesn't give the user choice of staying with Ts4 or
>  upgrading to 5.  You're english is good but for some reason you keep
getting
>  confused.   I want an upgrade NOW.  I deserve an upgrade -- FREE -- NOW.
>  Maybe the Omega brothers are really from France because you guys seem to
>  think alike.  Most consumers like choices.  They don't like to be forced to
>  plunk down $500 for an upgrade patch when the previous version (TS4) should
>  have been compliant when it was released.  You guys in France must have
>  different standards like Omega from the rest of the software industry.

I'm pragmatic only.
TS4 will be compliant after TS5.
I personally will not wait the patch when TS5 will be released.
We have different standard here, but mainly food related.

>  >Why produce a patch when the problems in TS4.0 after 2000 are
>  >  beyond your wildest imagination and everyone will be forced to upgrade!
>  >  When 5.0 comes out most will want to upgrade to 5.0 and those few
>  remaining
>  >  with 4 will not be able to complain loud enough.  This is the kind of BS
>  >  marketing ploys Ohmagit is renowned for.
>  >

Omega cannot act like this.
Their customers are not their hostages, believe me.
If the delay the patch and TS5, they should have good reasons.

>  **We already suspect that Omega's Y2k patch for TS4 will be an upgrade to
>  TS5 so stop hyping this.

Could WE stop this ?

>  >  Yes, when I buy software I expect it to work for more than a couple
>  years.
>  It will...
>  **I DON'T WANT  "WILL"  I WANT "NOW".  I WANT TS4 NOT TS5 TO BE COMPATIBLE.
>
>  **STOP GETTING CONFUSED!!!

All have been said here for months...
Useless to start this thread again.

Sincerely,