Re: Pierre's EL vs VB

Dans un courrier daté du 04/11/98 04:14:08 Heure d4iver Pari8 Madrid,
bnm03@xxxxxxx a écrit :

> Pierre,
>
>  "Most of what you are referring to is available in TradeStation5 (Active X
>  controls, DLL's, COM interfaces, Internet programming and the like.)"
>
>  I've seen TS5 and to the best of my knowledge which could be incomplete
>  regarding this beta, TS cannot create any of the above (which is what I was
>  referring to in the quote above).  It can interface with 32 bit DLL's
>  created with VB and the TS5 is COM based but it can't create anything like
>  this.  You can use TS5 COM objects in VB but you can't go the other way
>  unless you call a VB generated DLL.  I wouldn't expect to either since
>  that;s not only proprietary but way outside of the scope of the language.
>  Whether or not they have specific commands which allow users to control COM
>  objects programatically within an EL source remains to be seen.  I would be
>  skeptical of this however since VB5 has minimal COM support.  However,
being
>  that you can compile a DLL with VB5/6 and call it from TS5 EL (you should
be
>  able to do this), means that you can essentially control COM objects from
>  EL.  To the credit of Omega I like the Chromacoding feature in the new EL
>  editor.   Also, there's no question Tradestation's support for VB and COM
>  will be a big bonus for power users.
>
>  However, I will miss a VB-like debugger which to date I haven't seen in the
>  new Powereditor.
>
>  Regards,
>  Brian.

I think that you are more competent that I coulf be regarding to these
programming isues, more in fact if you have seen TS5.
I do not know if TS5 can create things like above. Call them and use them,
yes, for sure.

I need to check this with our programmers in France ( remember that I'm not
really one, and that my knowledge is limited to EL and DLL stuff).

So, when I'm not sure of what I could say, I close my mouth (I know how to do)

Sincerely,

Pierre