Re: OMEGA's Y2K Latest Published Stance?!?!?

Dans un courrier daté du 29/10/98 07:26:20 Heure d7iver Pari20 Madrid,
bnm03@xxxxxxx a écrit :

> TS users who need a Y2K patch are no more
>  assured of getting one in June then they were last June.  How many other
>  mellenium bugs are waiting to be discovered in TS4.0?

Surprise!

>  Can charting really
>  plot beyond the year 2000?

Yes

>Are all EL functions compatible with y2000?

Yes, in version5

>  What about internal monitroing of systems beyond year 2000?  We don't know
>  how all functions of TS will behave past the year 2000 but I'll bet Omega
>  does.  In fact, their betting that it will be so screwed up their best bet
>  is to drag Y2K issue so far out that users will be all but forced to
upgrade
>  to 5.0.

Your interest is to upgrade, regardless to the yk2 problem, and to any money
consideration.

>Why produce a patch when the problems in TS4.0 after 2000 are
>  beyond your wildest imagination and everyone will be forced to upgrade!
>  When 5.0 comes out most will want to upgrade to 5.0 and those few remaining
>  with 4 will not be able to complain loud enough.  This is the kind of BS
>  marketing ploys Ohmagit is renowned for.

Why ALWAYS see the wrong side of the things ????????
Delays are not kept?
 Yes.
Is it a proof hat they will never be kept?
No.

For the moment, it's the industry standard.
Why bother your life with this ?

>  Yes, when I buy software I expect it to work for more than a couple years.
It will...

Rgds,

Pierre Orphelin