New List and New Software

Dans un courrier daté du 28/10/98 02:25:56 Heure d2iver Pari56 Madrid,
markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> You guys could take the ATI list over, but I dont think Bob understands
>  communist rules or how to program them.  Though, because he is a security
>  expert he could probably make it so when someone post something that you
>  didn't like you could have their computer kill them by giving out and
>  electrical shock!  You guys would love that.  There would be no danger of
PO
>  ever getting hit by the shock because fuzzy and bashing have nothing in
>  common other than they are both useless.

Ah, I 'll take a chance to reply before being roasted by my keyboard.

Seems that fuzzy logic is useless, so you are able now to prove it yourself.
I have finished to upload the new web site and you are now able to download a
free evaluation version of our new toy: <A HREF="http://www.sirtrade.com";>The
Assistant for Expert Traders, Version 2.</A>

We could have named it the Assistant for Dumb Traders, but I was told that it
was not a good commercial approach. However, I must say that it works also in
this case.

Unlike the previous one, this new version allow  to automatically build and
test trading systems AND to test on unseen data that you will provide.
So, if it  really does not work, you will have the proof  by yourself.
If you feed it with logical and relevant indicators, it's impossible that it
could not work ( In this case, technical analysis could not work too).

The monster web site is still a little bit bugged, but I'm very stupid with
FrontPage98, or the reverse.
Anyway, there are a lot of information on it, and you can take benefit of
this.

A TradeStation template is also provided, so you should see in a couple of
hours if the thing finds out  something with your favorite indicators.
If you know of an other software company in this industry that provides such
tools for free, please let me know.
I'll try to do better than them next time.

The next DLL serie that I promised for trial will be uploaded next month. They
are ready, but I still need to write some documentation. Free trial also.

End of self promotion now, back to MB's message.

 Lets see the participants of the
>  list would be PO, Ron, Jim, Roy, OmegaSpam, William, Doug, Bill, Ron,
>  UMCANE01, and other Omega employees numbering 3 or so.  WOW !  thats a big
>  dent in a list of a thousand.  You guys should just mail each other with a
>  header, you dont need a list!   This would be easy for you guys to do.  Did
>  you ever think that if you guys didn't kiss Omega's ass so much I wouldn't
>  have to respond so much?   I was off the list for four days and the
spammers
>  were closing in like vultures.  I dont need a support group like the rest
of
>  you so do your little list and shut up and I will be able to shut up, as
>  soon as OmegaSpam transfers me my money he owes me.

I was not targeting only you.
In fact, Im not targeting any individual, I'm trying to spare some time to all
of us, because this list is less quiet than a 1930's Chicago night.

>  I'll make a challenge to you listed above and see who is the cause of the
>  trouble.  You do not defend in anyway Omega for two weeks, and I'll not
tell
>  the honest truth about them for two weeks like I have been from the start!
>  Wanna try it?  You have the control men and you too UMC boy isn't that what
>  commies want control?  MB

We are (I am) not here to defend Omega, and you are not here to attack Omega.
We are here to share information, bad or good.
I'm not disturbed by the content of your message ( I could write the same now,
after 4 years of rading them), I' disturbed by the nonsense of the situation.
Repeating the same thing ten times in a week is no more information.

In fact this is what WE do, and I'm also responsible of the noise that you
could be.
The facts are there: This list does not meet the needs of most of the
contributors (bashers or not).
So, we need to react.

My post was only a suggestion to a fix, and I do not intend to build and
maintain and moderate a parallel list.
But you must know that a new list can be build in less than 15 minutes, for
free, directly on the Internet.

I'l be outside the list for a week ( I think) , so it will not be difficult to
keep half of the promise.

Concerning an other post from you on the same topic, same day, I remember what
I have told about the 03/31/99 yk2 deadline.
I'm not this kind of guy that says something and the contrary next morning.
So, it's not necessary to recall it to me.

Reagrding to dcountach post (same title, same day), my post was only a
suggestion.A moderator can be found, and Jimo could also think that he has
something to do. I never implied that the 2nd list must exist.
I said that if things continue like this ( and they will, as the yk2 patch
will not be available soon), the problem will be more and more critical.

To summary:

In one message, I was able:
1) To  widely advertise
2) To  shameless self promote
3) To reply to 3 messages
4) To add some comments of a certainly poor interest, but it's my right too
5) To spare a stupid signature with a www.something.com  because the same link
has been buried in this text.

Good luck and try to spare my HD for this week.

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
10/28/1998 (sorry, this message was not sent right in time).